Sunday, 8 April 2007

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of" ... Am I a lunatic?

Sunday, 8 April 2007
I don't do blogs anymore, do I? I stopped all that a year ago. Well, maybe I missed it a bit, because here I am, back. I wonder if this means I will stop using the myspace blog? I don't think so. I'll keep using it, but not that much. I didn't use it much anyways.

Whatever.

I'm going as Adam Ant to this fancy dress disco thing, but I haven't got a thing to wear! I honestly don't know why I'm doing it at this stage. (Well, I do know. Because I like Adam Ant and it would be so much fun to do). But the point is, why did I take on a challenge having none of the foundation, even?
I'm not sure if I'll be able to find some of the stuff in charity shops tomorrow. White frilly shirts, probably. And if I don't, they're okay. That's a thing people have. But the jacket will be the hardest. And despite the fact that almost everyone I know* likes My Chemical Romance, I don't think any of them have those jackets. Because no one wants to be like that Gerard wannabe. You don't exactly want to be a clone of your favourite band to that extent. However, it would be handy.
Although, I think Adam Ant's more pirate than the Black Parade. I prefer it!

The thing should be really fun though. There's someone going 80s (I wonder if she got the shirt? I found a pink shirt in our house that would be good), someone going mod, someone rave. And then I'm sure there'll be losers who won't bother dressing up, or people who will wear a high street dress with a groovy pattern and say it's 70s, or wear legwarmers and say it's 80s or wear floral and say it's hippie... you know! But at least they're trying. It should be good. If I can get my freaking costume together I'll be so happy!
I'll figure what to do with my hair and glasses when I come to that.

Tomorrow we're going to Sligo for my Granddad's NINETIETH birthday! That's reeeally old. I hope they have good charity shops in Sligo, I'm sort of counting on them. I don't want to spend any serious money on something I may only wear once. The party thing should be good fun as well. I mean, there will be a LOT of family members there (we have over 45 first cousins on that side, it's not mega-loads, but big enough to be a big deal), most of whom I won't even know. The Spideal** "randomers" as Neasa said will also be there, apparently. I've never met any of our relations from Spideal, so that should be ... interesting.
I'm sure everyone will be all "Ohh, all the children have gotten sooo tall!" and other elder relation cliches***.

We got 'Stranger Than Fiction' out on DVD, and I can't wait to watch it. 'Blades of Glory' was SOOO funny! Funnier than 'Talledega Nights', but never as funny as 'Anchorman' (obviously). I love Jon Heder. Even more so, now. And anything with Will Ferrell in it is obviously gold.
Speaking of films, Luke says 'Hot Fuzz' won't be out on DVD until July or something. Argghh. Now, if I may make a huge statement, but that has been the best film of 2007 so far. Better than 'Shaun of the Dead', which I loved.

Will I leave it at that? I'm sure I'll have much more interesting things to say in my next post. And I will arrange all my thoughts together so they sound good, too.

kbye, Grace
xx

*This may be a slight exaggeration, but I call it as I see it.
**However the hell they spell it/say it.
***I don't have accents. And no, don't tell me to just hit CTRL+ALT+the letter, because that doesn't work on my computer.

1 comments. you can do better.:

Hazel said...

Okay Grace, I'm bored on the internet so I seen your bebo blog thing and said 'oh, i'm gonna read grace's blog'.. Think my dad was kinda scared that I'm talking to myself.. Anyways, I decided to start at the beginning, so here I go..
=]

 
◄Design by Pocket