Saturday, 7 November 2009

"I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes..." Revival.

Saturday, 7 November 2009
What better a time to resurrect the blog than I time where I (should) have virtually no time to do anything other than study?

I don't have much to say.

Saw Up last night. If you haven't seen it you've probably heard from everyone you know that has and read in every review how bloody wonderful it is and you might be sick of hearing about it. Nevertheless, you MUST go and see it! Oh my God, what an incredible film. So, maybe I was just in emotional mood that day (I was) but about ten minutes in tears were streaming down my face and if I hadn't stopped every few minutes to laugh hysterically at the hugely funny scenes in this film, I would've cried solidly until the end. A large group of us went to see it and as it turned it, after the lights came on and the credits faded (we always stay until the very end), a few of the other girls were all blotchy and whimpering, too. I couldn't believe it was only us that had been moved to tears!
For those of you who haven't seen the ads (not as though the ads give you any idea of what it's like), Up is the story of an old man named Carl, living on his own in a changing world, who decides it's time to take to the skies: he attaches a thousand helium balloons to the chimney of his house and laughs as he floats up and away. However, Carl gets some surprise at the young and terrified Boy Scout trapped on his porch, who he ends up stuck with. The pair become tangled up in one massive airborne adventure on which they encounter some hilarious creatures, including a "talking" dog and a huge, colourful bird named Kevin.
I don't know if I feel like really reviewing it fully (besides, I'd end up giving loads away), but let's just say it is unmissable. Like I said, it is incredibly funny, so sweet and perfect for anyone of any age. If you've got (or ever had): grandparents, a spouse, a child, or a heart this film will affect you. You might even cry your eyes out if you're anything like me*

I'm going to be late for me us, better run. Oh, and I got nothing done on my History project. Of course.

Grace.
xx

*an emotional wreck, if you were wondering.

1 comments. you can do better.:

Sally said...

Up is magic. I didn't cry, but I defo could have.

True fact: I did my entire Leaving Cert History project in one day. It was a Tuesday. In March. I wouldn't stress about it too much.

 
◄Design by Pocket